Servers and Patch bays
Time Server and IMEX
DATABASE AND AUDIO:
- Over Thirty new workstations with upgraded Dalet 5.1e and Team
News Software, Pentium 4, 512 RAM, Intel NICs, Windows 2000 OS Dalet production
- Seven new servers (2 audio, 2 database, 2 DDS, 1 PDC)
- Upgraded hardware, and rebuild of seven servers (1 BDC, 2 DWP,
2 TEAM NEWS, 1 BACKUP, 1 REMOTE ACCESS)
- Audio production capability at office and cubicle desktops using
SoundBlaster type audio card
- New Digigram PCX924 Audio Cards and breakout cables on all Dalet
AUDIO FILE STORAGE:
- Fibre Channel storage arrays & hubs and fibre channel connectivity
from audio and database servers to main storage
- RAID 5 storage for audio and RAID 5 storage for database with
hot plug spare 10K SCSI drives, redundant fibre channel controllers, dual
power supplies, dual processors in database, mirrored OS drives with hardware
controllers, over 1 gig of RAM
- Microsoft clustering on audio and database servers
- Increased audio storage from less than 100 (usually more like
less than 20) hours to over 2000 hours
- Five new CISCO 2950 and 3508 (Gig-E) switches (Modular GBICS
enable future throughput upgrade).
- Gig-E bit connectivity from all switches back to audio, database
and backup servers
AUTOMATED IMPORT/EXPORT OF DALET AUDIO VIA ALL DESKTOPS:
- Custom, in house written software and server developed to allow
automated import and export of Dalet audio files to and from the "outside
world" via simple "drag & drop" on all Dalet 5.1 and Team News desktops.
AUTOMATED FTP SENDER AND CDRW WORKSTATIONS:
- Custom, in house written software, server scripting and hardware
which enables all commercial content to be automatically posted to public
accessed FTP site within one hour of production.
- Custom, in house written software and multiple workstations
that enables any Dalet produced commercial content to be produced on CD
(as audio or data).
- Digital import of "raw" commercial content from outside production
houses and distribution networks including E-Mail delivery (in development),
provides a fully digital path for the life of the audio content from ingestion
- Data backup via Gig-E bit connectivity
- DLT cabinet with over 1 Terabytes of tape storage
- Automated database dumps and transaction log management
UTILITY SERVER MANAGEMENT:
- Manage all CISCO components via GUI
- Compaq Insight Manager monitoring and management of all servers
- Centralized Access to all workstations
- Daily maintenance routines to monitor drive space usage, memory
allocation, applications status, cluster status, connectivity speed, etc.
- Remote access to network.